The new Safer Stronger support group is for mums with children under 4 years who are victims of domestic abuse.
St Michael's Fellowship are running this group with mothers who live in Lambeth.
It is a free weekly group that women from these areas can join and drop-into whenever they like.
We will provide a free creche for children and refreshments giving mothers the space to think and discuss ideas with the groups
Why should mums experiencing domestic abuse join our group?
- We are passionate about developing women’s assertiveness, inner strength and self-confidence.
- We know this creates more positive relationships, balance and enjoyment in your life.
- Our support, and the support and understanding of other mums, can help you on this journey.
- We are helping mums break cycles of abuse and build a better future for their children.
- You won’t feel judged or be told what to do.
How can women join Safer Stronger?
Although the group is rolling and women can join at any time. We will be running a 12 week programme tackling different issues and ideas - from parenting to women's rights. Our team will work hard to make sure that all women feel welcomed. It's important everyone feels supported at whatever stage they join our group. Mums will also have the chance to get AQAs.
Where does it happen?
Normally we run this group every week on a Wednesday from 1pm-3pm at Henry Fawcett Children's Centre in Kennington. However with the current Co-vid 19 crisis we are running our session virtually until its safe to resum are weekly groups.